Our Level 2 Award in Principles of Risk Assessment is an accredited qualification on which you will learn about the basic principles of risk assessment, why risk assessments are necessary, the legal requirements relating to risk assessments and the necessary processes for carrying out a risk assessment.
The module is theory based, provided as a remote learning opportunity with assignment, workbook and resource provided.
Qualification Name: Level 2 Award in Principles of Risk Assessment (RQF)
Accreditation: iCQ OfQual recognised qualification
OfQual Qualification Accreditation Number (QAN): 603/3858/1
Average time to completion: 1 to 2 weeks
The Principles of Risk Assessment
Understand why risk assessments are necessary to maintain and improve standards of health and safety at work
- State the main causes of work-related fatalities
- State the main causes of work-related injuries and ill health
- Outline the moral, legal and economic reasons for preventing accidents and ill health at work
- Define terms associated with risk assessment in the context of health and safety at work including:
- near misses
- accident triangle
- hazard risk
- risk assessment
- risk control hierarchy
- suitable and sufficient competence
- Outline the role of risk assessment in accident and ill health prevention
Understand the principles of risk assessment
- Outline the legal requirements of a risk assessment
- Describe a simple process for undertaking a risk assessment
- Give examples of occupational, environmental and human factors that can affect the level of risk from hazards at work
- Outline a method that can be used to prioritise risks
- Explain the requirements for providing information about, and records on, the result of a risk assessment
Enrolment and Delivery
Please use our enquiry form or contact us by telephone if you have any queries about this qualification or would like to express an interest to enrol onto this course. A member of our team will be happy to answer any questions, help to make sure this course is right for you and/or your staff team, and talk you through what is involved in enrolment and course completion.
Upon enrolment, you will be assigned a personal tutor who will assist you through achieving successful and meaningful completion of your award. All of the electronic resources, workbooks and assignments required for you to complete the course will be emailed to you for you to commence working with at a time of your convenience. Your tutor will work with you to set targets and milestones that are achievable for you and will check in with you regularly, providing assistance whenever necessary.
On successful completion of your award, your assessor will coordinate with the awarding body for the issuance of your certificates, which will be promptly delivered to you.
Including Assignment, Workbook and Resources:
The full cost of this qualification is £75 per person which is duly invoiced at the point of enrolment.
This Level 2 Award in Principles of Risk Assessment is accredited to the Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF), the new framework for creating and accrediting qualifications in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (OfQual) regulates this qualification, examinations and assessments in England.
Complete Training is an approved registered centre with the OFQUAL regulated awarding organisation ‘I Can Qualify‘ (iCQ). All our qualifications are subject to both internal and external quality assurance processes to ensure we meet all of the awarding body specifications. All course materials are developed to meet the specific outcomes that make up the full qualification.