Our Moving and Handling Objects Training course offers face-to-face practical and theory based training for all care workers involved in moving and handling objects. Our course will help workers move and handle equipment safely and prevent and minimise risk of injury.
Skills for Care recommended Minimum learning Outcomes:
Will be dependent on the workers role and responsibilities and appropriate training should be provided to enable the worker to provide:
- Be able to move and handle equipment and other objects safely.
Complete Training Minimum Learning Outcomes:
Enable the worker to:
- Achieve all recommended minimum learning outcomes (listed above)
- Identify the differences between moving and handling of people and objects
- Apply safe techniques for moving and handling objects
- Relate to the Guidelines in place, covering HOP 6 and an overview of this
- Promote healthy back care when moving and handling objects
- Assess the object to be moved prior to commencing a manoeuvre
Links to: CQC Key lines of enquiry (KLOEs) CQC fundamental standards:
- CQC KLOEs / Safe: S2, S3
- CQC fundamental standards / Safety
Suggested refresher frequency:
HSE research found that annual refresher training was generally considered good practice.
This course will be delivered by an expert trainer in this field at a date and time of your choosing. The training is hosted at our own premises which can comfortably accommodate up to 12 individuals. All course materials will be provided and refreshments are included. This training can also be delivered at your own premises if feasible and required.
Certificates will be issued on completion of the course and you will also receive copies of completed evaluation forms for your records. We are flexible on start times to help accommodate for all your shift patterns, including evenings and weekends.
- Disability access building
- Ground flood training facilities (at request)
- Comfortable classroom lecture/study environment
- Toilet & Washrooms inc. disabled access
- Refreshments provision
Availability and Pricing
Theory & Practical:
- Time required: Half a day
- Accommodates: Up to 12 people
- Total Price: £200 +VAT
- Assisting and Moving People – Our course offers face-to-face practical and theory based training for all front line workers involved in assisting and moving people. Our course will help prevent and minimise risk of injury, and protect the dignity of the individuals being assisted.
- Assisting and Moving People – Facilitators Training – Our Assisting and Moving People training for facilitators is a two-day course which offers face-to-face practical and theory-based training for all staff involved in a facilitator role. Also often referred to as ‘Moving and handling of people for facilitators’, and ‘moving and positioning for facilitators training’, this course will help facilitators support and guide their staff in performing moving and positioning activities in a safe and dignified manner.
Our Moving and Handling Objects Training course is designed to meet the care needs of your end-users, and help you fully meet the related regulatory CQC compliance standards against which your service may be assessed. Our courses strictly follow the Skills for Care recommended guidelines and are mapped to the Key Lines of Enquiry (KLOE’s) and CQC Fundamental Standards.
The content of this training can be adapted to include your organisations core values, mission, and policies and procedures, and we can also include examples of documents that you use to make the training completely relevant to your organisation and the expectations that you have in place.