This qualification develops the knowledge and skills needed when working in a lead adult care worker role in care settings. It covers a wide range of areas including supporting individuals with their physical and emotional care, daily living needs and health and social care procedures. This is suitable for all those who are working in a lead adult care worker role with adults in health and social care settings.
This qualification is a mix of knowledge and performance and there will be assignments to complete as well as observations of working practices.
This Qualification is made up of a range of mandatory and optional units relevant to the job role being performed including:
- Promote communication in care settings
- Promote person-centred approaches in care settings
- Safeguarding and protection in care settings
- Promote equality and inclusion in care settings
- Manage team performance
- Principles of Quality Management
- Administer medication to individuals and monitor the effects
- Understand how to provide support when working in end-of-life care
- Monitor the quality of customer service interactions
Average time to completion:
- 6 – 12 months
Availability and Pricing
Including Assignment Workbook and Resources:
- £900 per person
Cost claim-back availability* upon certification from the Workforce Development Fund:
*You will need to be registered with the Workforce Development Fund if you wish to claim back costs.
** The claim-back £ value quoted above was correct as of 1st August 2021.