Our Level 3 Award in Education and Training (RQF) is an accredited qualification which covers the knowledge and skills required by teachers/trainers in the further education and training skills sector. This qualification is also appropriate for “train the trainer” in any specific subject specialism.
This is a competency-based qualification that requires you to attend workshops and also be observed delivering training to a group in a classroom environment. You will learn about the roles and responsibilities of a teacher/trainer and how to lesson plan to meet all learning styles, create appropriate resources, manage learners, facilitate a training session, reflection and professional development. You will also have opportunities to observe an experienced trainer and also take part in co-delivery to build your confidence and skills.
This is the stand-alone qualification, so no functional skills, end point assessment of off the job requirements
The modules are a mix of theory and practical based, where the theory aspects are provided as a remote or face to face learning opportunity with assignments, workbooks and resources provided. The practical aspects will be gathered through practical activities and observations, and you will be supported by a specialist tutor.
Qualification Name: Level 3 Award in Education and Training (RQF)
Accreditation: iCQ OfQual recognised qualification
OfQual Qualification Accreditation Number (QAN): 601/6202/8
Average time to completion: 4 weeks (*Requires 1 full day of training per week, for 4 weeks)
Module 1 (Mandatory)
Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
Understand the teaching role and responsibilities in education and training
- Explain the teaching role and responsibilities in education and training
- Summarise key aspects of legislation, regulatory requirements and codes of practice relating to own role and responsibilities
- Explain ways to promote equality and value diversity
- Explain why it is important to identify and meet individual learner needs
Understand ways to maintain a safe and supportive learning environment
- Explain ways to maintain a safe and supportive learning environment
- Explain why it is important to promote appropriate behaviour and respect for others
Understand the relationships between teachers and other professionals in education and training
- Explain how the teaching role involves working with other professionals
- Explain the boundaries between the teaching role and other professional roles
- Describe points of referral to meet the individual needs of learners
Module 2 (Optional)
Facilitate learning and development in groups
Understand principles and practices of learning and development in groups
- Explain purposes of group learning and development
- Explain why delivery of learning and development must reflect group dynamics
- Evaluate methods for facilitating learning and development to meet the needs of groups
- Explain how to manage risks and safeguard individuals when facilitating learning and development in groups
- Explain how to overcome barriers to learning in groups
- Explain how to monitor individual learner progress within group learning and development activities
- Explain how to adapt delivery based on feedback from learners in groups
Be able to facilitate learning and development in groups
- Clarify facilitation methods with group members to meet group and individual learning objectives
- Implement learning and development activities to meet learning objectives
- Manage risks to group and individual learning and development
Be able to assist groups to apply new knowledge and skills in practical contexts
- Develop opportunities for individuals to apply new knowledge and skills in practical contexts
- Provide feedback to improve the application of learning.
Be able to assist learners to reflect on their learning and development undertaken in groups
- Support self-evaluation by learners
- Review individual responses to learning and development in groups
- Assist learners to identify their future learning and development needs
Module 3 (Optional)
Understanding assessment in education and training
Understand types and methods of assessment used in education and training
- Explain the purposes of types of assessment used in education and training
- Describe characteristics of different methods of assessment in education and training
- Compare the strengths and limitations of different assessment methods in relation to meeting individual learner needs
- Explain how different assessment methods can be adapted to meet individual learner needs
Understand how to involve learners and others in the assessment process
- Explain why it is important to involve learners and others in the assessment process
- Explain the role and use of peer- and self-assessment in the assessment process
- Identify sources of information that should be made available to learners and others involved in the assessment process
Understand the role and use of constructive feedback in the assessment process
- Describe key features of constructive feedback
- Explain how constructive feedback contributes to the assessment process
- Explain ways to give constructive feedback to learners
Understand requirements for keeping records of assessment in education and training
- Explain the need to keep records of assessment of learning
- Summarise the requirements for keeping records of assessment in an organisation
- Disability access building
- Ground flood training facilities (at request)
- Comfortable classroom lecture/study environment
- Toilet & Washrooms inc. disabled access
- Refreshments provision
Enrolment and Delivery
Please use our enquiry form or contact us by telephone if you have any queries about this qualification or would like to express an interest to enrol onto this course. A member of our team will be happy to answer any questions, help to make sure this course is right for you and/or your staff team, and talk you through what is involved in enrolment and course completion.
Upon enrolment, you will be assigned a personal tutor who will assist you through achieving successful and meaningful completion of your award. All of the electronic resources, workbooks and assignments required for you to complete the course will be emailed to you for you to commence working with at a time of your convenience. Your tutor will work with you to set targets and milestones that are achievable for you and will check in with you regularly, providing assistance whenever necessary.
On successful completion of your award, your assessor will coordinate with the awarding body for the issuance of your certificate, which will be promptly delivered to you.
Including Assignment, Workbook and Resources:
The full cost of this qualification is £450 per person which is duly invoiced at the point of enrolment.
This Level 3 Award in Education and Training is accredited to the Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF), the new framework for creating and accrediting qualifications in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (OfQual) regulates this qualification, examinations and assessments in England.
Complete Training is an approved registered centre with the OFQUAL regulated awarding organisation ‘I Can Qualify‘ (iCQ). All our qualifications are subject to both internal and external quality assurance processes to ensure we meet all of the awarding body specifications. All course materials are developed to meet the specific outcomes that make up the full qualification.