Our Level 1 Award in Personal Development and Employability Skills (RQF) is a three-module accredited qualification on which you will learn how to produce a CV, develop a career action plan, interaction skills in social situations, personal banking and budgeting.
This qualification introduces the knowledge, understanding and skills needed personal development and for employment; it is designed for people entering the workplace.
The three modules are a mix of theory based and skills, where the theory is provided as a remote learning opportunity with assignments, workbooks and resources provided and the skills will be through workshops to practice the topics and take part in activities.
Qualification Name: Level 1 Award in Personal Development and Employability Skills (RQF)
Accreditation: iCQ OfQual recognised qualification
OfQual Qualification Accreditation Number (QAN): 601/2517/2
Average time to completion: 2 to 8 weeks
Module 1 (Mandatory)
Understand how personal attributes and learning styles relate to career planning
- List own strengths and weaknesses relevant to career planning
- Give an example of personal strengths and skills that can support a specific career interest or choice
- Identify own style of learning
- Identify any areas of weakness that may affect career choice
- State why these areas of weakness need to be improved
- Give an example of how one area of weakness can be improved
Be able to use career information
- Identify information relevant to own career planning
- State which sources of information have proved most useful and why
- Give an example of bias in careers information
- Outline why it is important to recognise bias in careers information
Be able to plan for transition to the next stage of education, training or work
- Complete a Career Action Plan
- State reasons for career choices
- State how to apply for the next stage of education, training or work
- Produce a CV or complete an application for a specific course, training or employment opportunity
Module 2 (Optional)
Managing Social Relationships
Understand how to interact with others in a range of social situations
- Identify at least two social situations in which they may need to interact with others
- Identify positive behaviours which can be used when interacting with others
- Explain why it is important to use positive behaviours when interacting with others
Demonstrate how to interact with others in a range of social situations
- Take an active role in exchanges on different topics, with one or more people
- Use a range of appropriate behaviours when participating in the exchanges
- Use appropriate formal and informal communication techniques
Module 3 (Optional)
Managing my money
Know about banking services
- Give examples of financial services provided by banks/building societies
- Describe the importance of having a bank/building society account
- List the advantages and disadvantages of two ways of borrowing money
- List the advantages of saving money
- Give examples of organisations that offer help and advice on money management
Know about deductions from earnings
- Identify different types of deductions from earnings
- State why these deductions are made
Understand the importance of own money management
- List income and outgoings in a household budget
- Give examples, with costs, of personal needs and wants
- Outline the importance of personal budgeting
Enrolment and Delivery
Please use our enquiry form or contact us by telephone if you have any queries about this qualification or would like to express an interest to enrol onto this course. A member of our team will be happy to answer any questions, help to make sure this course is right for you and/or your staff team, and talk you through what is involved in enrolment and course completion.
Upon enrolment, you will be assigned a personal tutor who will assist you through achieving successful and meaningful completion of your award. All of the electronic resources, workbooks and assignments required for you to complete the course will be emailed to you for you to commence working with at a time of your convenience. Your tutor will work with you to set targets and milestones that are achievable for you and will check in with you regularly, providing assistance whenever necessary.
On successful completion of your award, your assessor will coordinate with the awarding body for the issuance of your certificate, which will be promptly delivered to you.
Including Assignment, Workbook and Resources:
The full cost of this qualification is £60 per person which is duly invoiced at the point of enrolment.
This Level 1 Award in Personal Development and Employability Skills is accredited to the Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF), the new framework for creating and accrediting qualifications in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (OfQual) regulates this qualification, examinations and assessments in England.
Complete Training is an approved registered centre with the OFQUAL regulated awarding organisation ‘I Can Qualify‘ (iCQ). All our qualifications are subject to both internal and external quality assurance processes to ensure we meet all of the awarding body specifications. All course materials are developed to meet the specific outcomes that make up the full qualification.