Our Infection Prevention and Control Training course offers face-to-face training for care workers on the topic of infection prevention and control in the workplace. Our course is designed to help workers understand their own – and others- roles and responsibilities in the prevention and control of infections.
Skills for Care recommended Minimum learning Outcomes:
Will be dependent on the workers role and responsibilities and appropriate training should be provided to enable the worker to provide:
- Understand own and others roles and responsibilities in the prevention and control of infections.
- Understand legislation and policies relating to prevention and control of infections.
- Understand systems and procedures relating to the prevention and control of infections.
- Understand the importance of risk assessment in relation to the prevention and control of infections.
- Understand the importance of using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in the prevention and control of infections.
- Understand the importance of good personal hygiene in the prevention and control of infections.
Complete Training Minimum Learning Outcomes:
Enable the worker to:
- Achieve all recommended minimum learning outcomes (listed above)
- Follow the current advice and guidance in relation to infection control
- Identify viruses, bacteria, fungi and the chain of infection
- Follow the Public Health England guidance for the donning and doffing of PPE
- Engage in safe working practices when supporting people linking to dignity
- Understand the importance of personal hygiene when preparing for work
Links to: CQC key lines of enquiry (KLOEs) CQC fundamental standards:
- CQC KLOEs / Safe: S5, S6
- CQC fundamental standards / Premises and equipment
Suggested refresher frequency:
- Monitor performance.
- Assess knowledge and competence at least annually.
- Provide learning and development opportunities when identified or required and at least every 3 years.
This course will be delivered by an expert trainer in this field at a date and time of your choosing. The training is hosted at our own premises which can comfortably accommodate up to 12 individuals. All course materials will be provided and refreshments are included. This training can also be delivered at your own premises if feasible and required.
Certificates will be issued on completion of the course and you will also receive copies of completed evaluation forms for your records. We are flexible on start times to help accommodate for all your shift patterns, including evenings and weekends.
If face to face training is not feasible, we also offer a remote distance learning pack containing learning resources and workbook.
- Disability access building
- Ground flood training facilities (at request)
- Comfortable classroom lecture/study environment
- Toilet & Washrooms inc. disabled access
- Refreshments provision
Availability and Pricing
Theory & Activities:
- Time required: Half a day
- Accommodates: Up to 12 people
- Total Price: £200 +VAT
Our training is also available in distance learning pack format at £10 +VAT per person.
- Food Hygiene – Our course offers face-to-face training for all workers involved in the hygienic storage, preparation and handling of food. Our course will help meet food safety requirements needed to help reduce risks of hazards and contaminations.
- Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Infection Control – Our Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Infection Control is an accredited health and social care qualification on which you will learn about the importance of infection control, the causes of infections, the conditions in which infections thrive, the ways that infections can be spread, and the methods used to prevent and control the spread of infection.
Our Infection Prevention and Control Training course is designed to meet the care needs of your end-users, and help you fully meet the related regulatory CQC compliance standards against which your service may be assessed. Our courses strictly follow the Skills for Care recommended guidelines and are mapped to the Key Lines of Enquiry (KLOE’s) and CQC Fundamental Standards.
The content of this training can be adapted to include your organisations core values, mission, and policies and procedures, and we can also include examples of documents that you use to make the training completely relevant to your organisation and the expectations that you have in place.