Our Level 2 Award in Work Skills (RQF) is a three-module accredited qualification on which you will learn how to produce a personal budget, how to develop confidence, work positively in a team and reflect on the performance.
This qualification provides an introduction to the knowledge, understanding and skills needed for employment. It is for those who wish to develop basic skills and knowledge needed to manage their career.
The three modules are a mix of theory based and skills, where the theory is provided as a remote learning opportunity with assignments, workbooks and resources provided and the skills will be through workshops to practice the topics and take part in activities.
Qualification Name: Level 2 Award in Work Skills (RQF)
Accreditation: iCQ OfQual recognised qualification
OfQual Qualification Accreditation Number (QAN): 601/6403/7
Average time to completion: 1 to 4 weeks
Module 1 (Mandatory)
Managing Your Own Money
Be able to produce a personal budget
- Carry out calculations of expenditure and income for an individual for a month.
- Calculate balance at the end of the month.
- Identify ways to ensure expenditure does not exceed income
Understand the use of credit to borrow money
- Identify different sources of credit.
- Explain how to use credit responsibly for expenditure and investing.
- Describe the potential problems of using credit.
Module 2 (Mandatory)
Developing Confidence for Work
Understand the benefits of confidence for work
- Analyse examples of confident behaviour for work
- Explain benefits of confidence for work
Understand how confidence is supported by assertive behaviour
- Examine situations of assertive behaviour
- Explain how behaving assertively develops confidence
Understand how to develop confidence for work
- Analyse ways to improve own confidence at work
- Produce a plan to improve own confidence for work
Module 3 (Mandatory)
Working in a Team
Understand the advantages and disadvantages of having a team complete a task
- Assess advantages of having a team complete a task.
- Assess disadvantages of having a team complete a task.
Understand the need for a team to work to an agreed code of conduct
- Create a code of conduct for effective team work.
- Explain likely consequences of team members not following a code of conduct.
Be able to recognise the different strengths, skills and experiences different people bring to a team
- Assess own strengths, skills and experiences, as relevant to a task being undertaken by a team.
- Assess relevant strengths, skills and experiences that other members bring to a particular team.
Be able to allocate roles and responsibilities within the team in relation to a given task
- Agree with other team members the roles and responsibilities of each member of the team.
- Describe how each role contributes to the teams objectives and the completion of the team task.
Be able to work positively as a member of a team
- Identify relevant ideas and suggestions from others that will enable the team to complete the task.
- Devise a team plan to solve a problem when working with others.
- Make a contribution to a team by sharing skills and knowledge.
- Offer help, support or advice to team members when appropriate.
- Respond positively to advice and constructive criticism.
- Follow a plan to complete a task or activity on time.
Be able to reflect on the performance of a team
- Discuss how individual performance contributed to the overall performance of the team.
- Describe ways in which the team as a whole performed effectively.
- Select areas in which the team could improve its team work skills.
Enrolment and Delivery
Please use our enquiry form or contact us by telephone if you have any queries about this qualification or would like to express an interest to enrol onto this course. A member of our team will be happy to answer any questions, help to make sure this course is right for you and/or your staff team, and talk you through what is involved in enrolment and course completion.
Upon enrolment, you will be assigned a personal tutor who will assist you through achieving successful and meaningful completion of your award. All of the electronic resources, workbooks and assignments required for you to complete the course will be emailed to you for you to commence working with at a time of your convenience. Your tutor will work with you to set targets and milestones that are achievable for you and will check in with you regularly, providing assistance whenever necessary.
On successful completion of your award, your assessor will coordinate with the awarding body for the issuance of your certificate, which will be promptly delivered to you.
Including Assignment, Workbook and Resources:
The full cost of this qualification is £60 per person which is duly invoiced at the point of enrolment.
This Level 2 Award in Work Skills is accredited to the Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF), the new framework for creating and accrediting qualifications in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (OfQual) regulates this qualification, examinations and assessments in England.
Complete Training is an approved registered centre with the OFQUAL regulated awarding organisation ‘I Can Qualify‘ (iCQ). All our qualifications are subject to both internal and external quality assurance processes to ensure we meet all of the awarding body specifications. All course materials are developed to meet the specific outcomes that make up the full qualification.