Our Level 2 Award in Principles of COSHH is a small one-module accredited qualification on which you will learn the principles of the control substances hazardous to health, which includes the law, risk assessments and their contribution and the precautions and procedures.
The module is theory based, provided as a remote learning opportunity with assignment, workbook and resource provided.
Qualification Name: Level 2 Award in Principles of COSHH
Accreditation: iCQ OfQual recognised qualification
OfQual Qualification Accreditation Number (QAN): 603/3856/8
Average time to completion: 2 to 4 Weeks
Principles of the control of substances hazardous to health
Understand the law relating to hazardous substances in the workplace
- State employers’ duties in relation to hazardous substances at work
- State employee’s duties in relation to hazardous substances at work
- List the ways in which an employer can communicate hazardous substance safety information
Be able to assess an emergency incident
- Conduct a scene survey
- Conduct a primary survey of a casualty
- Know when to call for help
Understand how risk assessments contribute to the safe use of hazardous substances in the workplace
- Define the term hazard
- Define the term risk
- Outline the health and safety effects that might arise following the release of hazardous substances
- Outline the routes that hazardous substances can enter the body
- Describe how risk assessment can minimise accidents at work
- Describe how risk assessments can minimise ill health at work
Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- Recognise the need to commence Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Demonstrate Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation using a manikin
Understand the precautions and procedures necessary to ensure the risks associated with hazardous substances are controlled properly
- Outline the control hierarchy in respect of substances hazardous to health to safe use, handling, transporting, storage and disposal
- Outline the types of information that should be referred to for the safe identification and use of hazardous substances
- Describe the procedures that should be in place for dealing with incidents involving hazardous substances
Enrolment and Delivery
Please use our enquiry form or contact us by telephone if you have any queries about this qualification or would like to express an interest to enrol onto this course. A member of our team will be happy to answer any questions, help to make sure this course is right for you and/or your staff team, and talk you through what is involved in enrolment and course completion.
On successful completion of your award, your assessor will coordinate with the awarding body for the issuance of your certificate, which will be promptly delivered to you.
Cost – Including Assignment Workbook and Resources:
- £50 per person
Complete Training is an approved registered centre with the OFQUAL regulated awarding organisation ‘I Can Qualify‘ (iCQ). All our qualifications are subject to both internal and external quality assurance processes to ensure we meet all of the awarding body specifications. All course materials are developed to meet the specific outcomes that make up the full qualification.