Our Care Certificate training course prepares all new to care workers with the knowledge, skills and behaviours expected of specific job roles in the health and social care sectors. The Care Certificate was developed jointly by Skills for Care, Health Education England and Skills for Health, and is made up of the joint-agreed 15 minimum standards that should be covered for all new-to-care workers, and should form part of a robust induction programme.
The Care Certificate:
- is the beginning of the career journey for those new to care
- is a foundation for health and adult social care integration
- ensures those new to the sector are supported
- is endorsed by the Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- is a CQC expectation – all employers should now be offering it.
Although primarily designed for new staff, this course also offers opportunities for existing staff working at various levels to refresh or improve their knowledge and skills.
You’ll be expected to complete the Care Certificate if you’re:
- new to care
- employed as an adult social care worker
- providing direct care in a residential or nursing home, a hospice or are a home care worker.
You can also complete this course if you’re working in a non-care working role, for example if you work as a cook or a maintenance person.
Our training covers the 15 standards, which have been condensed into 9 workbooks to demonstrate the knowledge required.
A manager observation of working practices is also required, and we can provide a template for this purpose to capture the working practices of your staff member(s).
We would recommend that the face to face training is completed over 6 weeks, 1 day per week, where all underpinning knowledge and skills will be covered through activities and the completion of workbooks to consolidate the knowledge and skills. As part of this program, we provide additional value by also including the Assisting and Moving People practical and theory training and our Medication Management training.
The workbooks can also be completed as a stand alone course, and we have developed comprehensive resources to aid the self-study and independent learning.
This package can be bespoke to include a blended learning approach. Please contact us for more details on how this could work effectively for your organisation.
Links to: CQC Key lines of enquiry (KLOEs) CQC fundamental standards:
- CQC KLOEs / Effective: E3 / Safeguarding S1, S3 / Caring C1, C3
- CQC fundamental standards / Person-centred care / Safety / Dignity and Respect / Safety / Food and Drink / Safeguarding
This course will be delivered by an expert trainer in this field at dates and times of your choosing. The training is hosted at our own premises which can comfortably accommodate up to 12 individuals. All course materials will be provided and refreshments are included. This training can also be delivered at your own premises if feasible and required.
If face to face training is not feasible, we also offer remote distance learning packs to cover the knowledge containing 9 assignments and a self study resource pack.
Certificates will be issued for each day of the course completed, and you will also receive copies of completed evaluation forms for your records. We are flexible on start times to help accommodate for all your shift patterns, including evenings and weekends.
It is important for the completion of the Care Certificate standards that all 6 days are attended in full, or all 9 assignments be completed in full if distance learning..
- Disability access building
- Ground flood training facilities (at request)
- Comfortable classroom lecture/study environment
- Toilet & Washrooms inc. disabled access
- Refreshments provision
Availability and Pricing
Theory & Activities:
- Time required: Six full days
- Accommodates: Up to 12 people
- Total Price: £2,400 +VAT
Enrolment and distance learning packs can be purchased at a cost of £75.00 + VAT per person.
- Diploma in Care Level 2 – This qualification develops the knowledge and skills needed when working in a care worker role in care settings. It covers a wide range of areas including supporting individuals with their physical and emotional care, daily living needs and health and social care procedures. This is suitable for all those who are working in a care worker role with adults in health and social care settings.
Our Care Certificate Training course is designed to meet the care needs of your end-users, and help you fully meet the related regulatory CQC compliance standards against which your service may be assessed. Our courses strictly follow the Skills for Care recommended guidelines and are mapped to the Key Lines of Enquiry (KLOE’s) and CQC Fundamental Standards.
The content of this training can be adapted to include your organisations core values, mission, and policies and procedures, and we can also include examples of documents that you use to make the training completely relevant to your organisation and the expectations that you have in place.