Our End of Life Awareness Training course offers face-to-face training for all care staff who are supporting individuals with end of life care. Our course will help staff to be able to identify the aims and principles of end-of-life care, and be equipped and aware of the principles of advanced care planning.
Complete Training Minimum Learning Outcomes:
Enable the worker to:
- Differentiate between an expected death and unexpected death and the procedures to follow
- Introduce advance care planning and support for people to plan their future care and support and how to provide information in a way the person understands
- Support the individual to experience a good death
- Maintain the comfort, choices, and quality of life of a person who is recognised to be dying
- Recognise the limitations of their own knowledge and knowing who to approach for additional support
- Identify a range of signs that death has occurred
- Be aware of the key people who may play a part in the persons end of life care
- Express the feelings associated with loss and grief and how care staff can help manage their own feelings
Links to: CQC Key lines of enquiry (KLOEs) CQC fundamental standards:
- CQC KLOEs / Effective: E3 / Safeguarding: S1, S3 / Caring: C1, C3
- CQC Fundamentals / Safety / Dignity and Respect
Suggested refresher frequency:
- Monitor performance.
- Assess knowledge and competence at least annually.
- Provide learning and development opportunities when identified or required and at least every 2 years.
This course will be delivered by an expert trainer in this field at a date and time of your choosing. The training is hosted at our own premises which can comfortably accommodate up to 12 individuals. All course materials will be provided and refreshments are included. This training can also be delivered at your own premises if feasible and required.
Certificates will be issued on completion of the course and you will also receive copies of completed evaluation forms for your records. We are flexible on start times to help accommodate for all your shift patterns, including evenings and weekends.
If face to face training is not feasible, we also offer a remote distance learning pack containing learning resources and workbook.
- Disability access building
- Ground flood training facilities (at request)
- Comfortable classroom lecture/study environment
- Toilet & Washrooms inc. disabled access
- Refreshments provision
Availability and Pricing
Theory & Activities:
- Time required: Half a day
- Accommodates: Up to 12 people
- Total Price: £200 +VAT
Our training is also available in distance learning pack format at £10 +VAT per person.
- Dementia Awareness Training – Our course offers face-to-face theory based awareness training for all staff supporting individuals with dementia. Our course will provide all staff with an understanding of dementia, the impacts, and the support needs and requirements for individuals.
- Awareness of End of Life Care Level 3 – This qualification provides the opportunity to develop an understanding of different perspectives of death and dying, and the impact it has on individuals. It covers the aims and principles of end-of-life care, communication factors and how to access a range of support services in end-of-life care.
- Certificate in Working in End of Life Care Level 3 – This level 3 certificate is for those whose job role is in Working in End-of-Life Care, and will give staff the ability to develop their skills and knowledge and demonstrate their competence.
Our End of Life Awareness Training course is designed to meet the care needs of your end-users, and help you fully meet the related regulatory CQC compliance standards against which your service may be assessed. Our courses strictly follow the Skills for Care recommended guidelines and are mapped to the Key Lines of Enquiry (KLOE’s) and CQC Fundamental Standards.
The content of this training can be adapted to include your organisations core values, mission, and policies and procedures, and we can also include examples of documents that you use to make the training completely relevant to your organisation and the expectations that you have in place.