Our Dignity in Care Training course offers face-to-face training for all care workers on the topic of dignity and the importance of encouraging and respecting a persons views, choices and decisions. Our course will help prevent the risk of a person being treated in any way that is degrading or harmful.
Skills for Care recommended Minimum learning Outcomes:
Will be dependent on the workers role and responsibilities and appropriate training should be provided to enable the worker to provide:
- Understand the principles that underpin dignity in care.
- Maintain the dignity, respect and privacy of the individual.
Complete Training Minimum Learning Outcomes:
Enable the worker to:
- Achieve all recommended minimum learning outcomes (listed above)
- Be confident in providing person centred approaches for care and support
- Establish consent when providing care and support and the processes to follow when this cannot be established
- Encourage active participation in all tasks and activities
- Support the individual’s right to make choices
- Work in a way that protects and respects the persons privacy
- Handle hygiene activities sensitively
Links to: CQC key lines of enquiry (KLOEs) CQC fundamental standards:
- CQC KLOEs / Safe: S1 / Caring: C3 / Responsive: R3 / Well-Led: W1
- CQC fundamental standards / Dignity and respect
Suggested refresher frequency:
- Monitor performance.
- Assess knowledge and competence at least annually.
- Provide learning and development opportunities when identified or required and at least every 3 years.
This course will be delivered by an expert trainer in this field at a date and time of your choosing. The training is hosted at our own premises which can comfortably accommodate up to 12 individuals. All course materials will be provided and refreshments are included. This training can also be delivered at your own premises if feasible and required.
Certificates will be issued on completion of the course and you will also receive copies of completed evaluation forms for your records. We are flexible on start times to help accommodate for all your shift patterns, including evenings and weekends.
If face to face training is not feasible, we also offer a remote distance learning pack containing learning resources and workbook.
- Disability access building
- Ground flood training facilities (at request)
- Comfortable classroom lecture/study environment
- Toilet & Washrooms inc. disabled access
- Refreshments provision
Availability and Pricing
Theory & Activities:
- Time required: Half a day
- Accommodates: Up to 12 people
- Total Price: £200 +VAT
Our training is also available in distance learning pack format at £10 +VAT per person.
- Person-centred Care – Our course offers face-to-face training for all front line workers on the topics of person-centred care and dignity, and the importance of encouraging and respecting a persons views, choices and decisions. Our course will help prevent the risk of a person being treated in any way that is degrading or harmful.
Our Dignity in Care training course is designed to meet the care needs of your end-users, and help you fully meet the related regulatory CQC compliance standards against which your service may be assessed. Our courses strictly follow the Skills for Care recommended guidelines and are mapped to the Key Lines of Enquiry (KLOE’s) and CQC Fundamental Standards.
The content of this training can be adapted to include your organisations core values, mission, and policies and procedures, and we can also include examples of documents that you use to make the training completely relevant to your organisation and the expectations that you have in place.