Our Active Support Training course offers face-to-face training for all care staff who actively support individuals. Our course will help staff involved in actively supporting individuals to undertake meaningful activities to promote and encourage participation in everyday life.
Complete Training Minimum Learning Outcomes:
Enable the worker to:
- Plan support so that everybody can participate in activities
- Recognise the activities that each person may need support with
- Recognise the different types of support each person may need
- Understand choice and respecting decisions that are made
- Respond to requests to enable people to do things as independently as possible
- Add richness and meaning to people’s lives
- Identify that every moment has potential
- Promote positive reinforcement
- Instruct, prompt or guide the next steps so that the person being supported remains engaged in the task
- Work as a team and be consistent with active support
Links to: CQC Key lines of enquiry (KLOEs) CQC fundamental standards:
- CQC KLOEs / Effective: E3 / Caring: C1, C2
- CQC Fundamentals / Safety / Dignity and Respect
Suggested refresher frequency:
- Monitor performance.
- Assess knowledge and competence at least annually.
- Provide learning and development opportunities when identified or required and at least every 2 years.
This course will be delivered by an expert trainer in this field at a date and time of your choosing. The training is hosted at our own premises which can comfortably accommodate up to 12 individuals. All course materials will be provided and refreshments are included. This training can also be delivered at your own premises if feasible and required.
Certificates will be issued on completion of the course and you will also receive copies of completed evaluation forms for your records. We are flexible on start times to help accommodate for all your shift patterns, including evenings and weekends.
If face to face training is not feasible, we also offer a remote distance learning pack containing learning resources and workbook.
- Disability access building
- Ground flood training facilities (at request)
- Comfortable classroom lecture/study environment
- Toilet & Washrooms inc. disabled access
- Refreshments provision
Availability and Pricing
Theory & Activities:
- Time required: Half a day
- Accommodates: Up to 12 people
- Total Price: £200 +VAT
Our training is also available in distance learning pack format at £10 +VAT per person.
- Person-centred Care – Our course offers face-to-face training for all front line workers on the topics of person-centred care and dignity, and the importance of encouraging and respecting a persons views, choices and decisions. Our course will help prevent the risk of a person being treated in any way that is degrading or harmful.
Our Active Support Training course is designed to meet the care needs of your end-users, and help you fully meet the related regulatory CQC compliance standards against which your service may be assessed. Our courses strictly follow the Skills for Care recommended guidelines and are mapped to the Key Lines of Enquiry (KLOE’s) and CQC Fundamental Standards.
The content of this training can be adapted to include your organisations core values, mission, and policies and procedures, and we can also include examples of documents that you use to make the training completely relevant to your organisation and the expectations that you have in place.