Our Equality and Diversity Training course offers face-to-face training for all care workers on the topics of equality, diversity and inclusion. Our course will aid all workers in identifying and respecting the things that make people different, and how care and support must be specific to meet each persons needs, wishes and preferences.
Skills for Care recommended Minimum learning Outcomes:
Will be dependent on the workers role and responsibilities and appropriate training should be provided to enable the worker to provide:
- Understand the importance of equality and inclusion.
- Be able to work in an inclusive way.
- Know how to access information, advice and support about diversity, equality and inclusion.
Complete Training Minimum Learning Outcomes:
Enable the worker to:
- Achieve all recommended minimum learning outcomes (listed above)
- Identify different communication styles and preferences
- Identify different types of discrimination and how this can be challenged in a positive way.
- Be warm, welcoming and respectful in their approach and show people that they are valued for who they are
- Model work on the Principles of Care, which are the gold standard for promoting inclusive working practices
- Lead by example
Links to: CQC key lines of enquiry (KLOEs) CQC fundamental standards:
- CQC KLOEs / Safe: S1 / Effective: E1, E3, E5 / Caring: C1, C3 / Responsive: R1 / Well-led: W1
- CQC fundamental standards / Dignity and respect / Safeguarding from abuse
Suggested refresher frequency:
- Monitor performance
- Assess knowledge and competence at least annually.
- Provide learning and development opportunities when identified or required and at least every 3 years.
This course will be delivered by an expert trainer in this field at a date and time of your choosing. The training is hosted at our own premises which can comfortably accommodate up to 12 individuals. All course materials will be provided and refreshments are included. This training can also be delivered at your own premises if feasible and required.
Certificates will be issued on completion of the course and you will also receive copies of completed evaluation forms for your records. We are flexible on start times to help accommodate for all your shift patterns, including evenings and weekends.
If face to face training is not feasible, we also offer a remote distance learning pack containing learning resources and workbook.
- Disability access building
- Ground flood training facilities (at request)
- Comfortable classroom lecture/study environment
- Toilet & Washrooms inc. disabled access
- Refreshments provision
Availability and Pricing
Theory & Activities:
- Time required: Half a day
- Accommodates: Up to 12 people
- Total Price: £200 +VAT
Our training is also available in distance learning pack format at £10 +VAT per person.
- Equality and Diversity in the Workplace – Our course offers face-to-face training for all staff on the topic of equality and diversity in the workplace. Our course promotes an awareness of diversity in staff teams and supporting colleagues and managers and the conduct expected in the workplace.
Our Equality and Diversity training course is designed to meet the care needs of your end-users, and help you fully meet the related regulatory CQC compliance standards against which your service may be assessed. Our courses strictly follow the Skills for Care recommended guidelines and are mapped to the Key Lines of Enquiry (KLOE’s) and CQC Fundamental Standards.
The content of this training can be adapted to include your organisations core values, mission, and policies and procedures, and we can also include examples of documents that you use to make the training completely relevant to your organisation and the expectations that you have in place.