Our Mental Capacity and Liberty Safeguards Training course offers face-to-face training for care workers on the topic of mental capacity and liberty safeguards. Our course is designed to help workers understand the meaning of mental capacity in relation to how care is provided.
Skills for Care recommended Minimum learning Outcomes:
Will be dependent on the workers role and responsibilities and appropriate training should be provided to enable the worker to provide:
- Understand legal frameworks, policy and guidelines.
- Understand the meaning of mental capacity in relation to how care is provided.
Complete Training Minimum Learning Outcomes:
Enable the worker to:
- Achieve all recommended minimum learning outcomes (listed above)
- Identify the difference between DoLS and LPS and the implementation of these
- Follow the process and planning for making decisions
- Identify a deprivation of liberty
- Identify the role of an IMCA
- Follow the procedures for a mental capacity assessment
- Reduce the risks of deprivation of liberty
Links to: CQC key lines of enquiry (KLOEs) CQC fundamental standards:
- CQC KLOEs / Safe: S1, S2, S3, S4 / Effective: E1, E2, E4, E7 / Caring: C1, C2, C3 / Responsive: R1, R2
- CQC fundamental standards / Person-centred care / Consent
Suggested refresher frequency:
- Monitor performance
- Assess knowledge and competence at least annually.
- Provide learning and development opportunities when identified or required and at least every 3 years.
This course will be delivered by an expert trainer in this field at a date and time of your choosing. The training is hosted at our own premises which can comfortably accommodate up to 12 individuals. All course materials will be provided and refreshments are included. This training can also be delivered at your own premises if feasible and required.
Certificates will be issued on completion of the course and you will also receive copies of completed evaluation forms for your records. We are flexible on start times to help accommodate for all your shift patterns, including evenings and weekends.
If face to face training is not feasible, we also offer a remote distance learning pack containing learning resources and workbook.
- Disability access building
- Ground flood training facilities (at request)
- Comfortable classroom lecture/study environment
- Toilet & Washrooms inc. disabled access
- Refreshments provision
Availability and Pricing
Theory & Activities:
- Time required: Half a day
- Accommodates: Up to 12 people
- Total Price: £200 +VAT
Our training is also available in distance learning pack format at £10 +VAT per person.
- Safeguarding Adults – Our course offers face-to-face training for all front line workers on the topic of safeguarding adults. Our course will help workers know how to recognise and respond to types of abuse and help reduce the likelihood of abuse.
Our Mental Capacity and Liberty Safeguards Training course is designed to meet the care needs of your end-users, and help you fully meet the related regulatory CQC compliance standards against which your service may be assessed. Our courses strictly follow the Skills for Care recommended guidelines and are mapped to the Key Lines of Enquiry (KLOE’s) and CQC Fundamental Standards.
The content of this training can be adapted to include your organisations core values, mission, and policies and procedures, and we can also include examples of documents that you use to make the training completely relevant to your organisation and the expectations that you have in place.