Our Dementia Awareness Training course offers face-to-face theory based awareness training for all care staff supporting individuals with dementia. Our course will provide all staff with an understanding of dementia, the impacts, and the support needs and requirements for individuals.
Complete Training Minimum Learning Outcomes:
Enable the worker to:
- Identify and relate to the causes, signs, symptoms and stages of Dementia
- Provide different techniques that can be used to meet the fluctuating abilities and needs of an individual
- Adapt communication to meet the different needs of individuals
- Engage individuals in activities that can promote social interactions, well being and to improve the person’s quality of life
- Create a life story with the individual
- Administer medication in a person centred manner and be aware of a range of medication types and their use
Links to: CQC Key lines of enquiry (KLOEs) CQC fundamental standards:
- CQC KLOEs / Effective: E3 / Safeguarding: S1, S3
- CQC fundamental standards / Safety / Dignity and Respect
Suggested refresher frequency:
- Monitor performance.
- Assess knowledge and competence at least annually.
- Provide learning and development opportunities when identified or required and at least every 2 years.
This course will be delivered by an expert trainer in this field at a date and time of your choosing. The training is hosted at our own premises which can comfortably accommodate up to 12 individuals. All course materials will be provided and refreshments are included. This training can also be delivered at your own premises if feasible and required.
Certificates will be issued on completion of the course and you will also receive copies of completed evaluation forms for your records. We are flexible on start times to help accommodate for all your shift patterns, including evenings and weekends.
If face to face training is not feasible, we also offer a remote distance learning pack containing learning resources and workbook.
- Disability access building
- Ground flood training facilities (at request)
- Comfortable classroom lecture/study environment
- Toilet & Washrooms inc. disabled access
- Refreshments provision
Availability and Pricing
Theory & Activities:
- Time required: Half a day
- Accommodates: Up to 12 people
- Total Price: £200 +VAT
Our training is also available in distance learning pack format at £10 +VAT per person.
- End of Life Awareness Training – Our course offers face-to-face training for all staff who are supporting individuals with end of life care. Our course will help staff to be able to identify the aims and principles of end-of-life care, and be equipped and aware of the principles of advanced care planning.
- Specific Conditions – Our course offers face-to-face training for all front line workers to help understand the needs and experiences of individuals with specific conditions. Our course will help workers understand the importance of promoting positive health and well-being of individuals with specific conditions, as well as help support those individuals.
- Awareness of Dementia Level 2 – This Level 2 qualification is for those who wish to develop the knowledge of the causes and symptoms of dementia and will enable staff to develop an awareness for providing positive care for people with dementia and their families.
- Awareness of Dementia Level 3 – This Level 3 qualification is for those who wish to develop knowledge and understanding of dementia care and how to support people with dementia and their families. This qualification is aligned to the National Dementia Strategy.
- Certificate in Dementia Care Level 2 – This qualification is for those who work in a dementia care environment and aims to develop the knowledge and skills required when providing positive care for people with dementia and their families. This qualification is aligned to the National Dementia Strategy.
- Certificate in Dementia Care Level 3 – This level 3 certificate in Dementia Care is for those whose job role is working with people with dementia and aims to give workers the ability to develop their skills and demonstrate their competence in this area.
Our Dementia Awareness Training course is designed to meet the care needs of your end-users, and help you fully meet the related regulatory CQC compliance standards against which your service may be assessed. Our courses strictly follow the Skills for Care recommended guidelines and are mapped to the Key Lines of Enquiry (KLOE’s) and CQC Fundamental Standards.
The content of this training can be adapted to include your organisations core values, mission, and policies and procedures, and we can also include examples of documents that you use to make the training completely relevant to your organisation and the expectations that you have in place.