Our Nutrition and Hydration Training course offers face-to-face training for all care workers on the topic of nutrition and hydration. Our course will help care workers support individuals to have access to fluids, food and nutrition in accordance with their plan of care.
Skills for Care recommended Minimum learning Outcomes:
Will be dependent on the workers role and responsibilities and appropriate training should be provided to enable the worker to provide:
- Understand the principles of hydration and nutrition.
- Be able to support individuals to have access to fluids in accordance with their plan of care.
- Be able to support individuals to have access to food and nutrition in accordance with their plan of care.
Complete Training Minimum Learning Outcomes:
Enable the worker to:
- Achieve all recommended minimum learning outcomes (listed above)
- Identify sources of essential nutrients
- Recognise the signs of dehydration
- Provide information on what makes up a balanced diet
- Be aware of the nutritional guidelines in place
- Promote hydration
- Monitor and record nutrition and hydration needs
- Use any specialist equipment that needs to be used as part of the person’s eating and drinking requirements
Links to: CQC Key lines of enquiry (KLOEs) CQC fundamental standards:
- CQC KLOEs / Effective: E3
- CQC fundamental standards / Food and drink
Suggested refresher frequency:
- Monitor performance
- Assess knowledge and competence at least annually.
- Provide learning and development opportunities when identified or required and at least every 3 years.
This course will be delivered by an expert trainer in this field at a date and time of your choosing. The training is hosted at our own premises which can comfortably accommodate up to 12 individuals. All course materials will be provided and refreshments are included. This training can also be delivered at your own premises if feasible and required.
Certificates will be issued on completion of the course and you will also receive copies of completed evaluation forms for your records. We are flexible on start times to help accommodate for all your shift patterns, including evenings and weekends.
If face to face training is not feasible, we also offer a remote distance learning pack containing learning resources and workbook.
- Disability access building
- Ground flood training facilities (at request)
- Comfortable classroom lecture/study environment
- Toilet & Washrooms inc. disabled access
- Refreshments provision
Availability and Pricing
Theory & Activities:
- Time required: Half a day
- Accommodates: Up to 12 people
- Total Price: £200 +VAT
Our training is also available in distance learning pack format at £10 +VAT per person.
- Food Hygiene – Our course offers face-to-face training for all workers involved in the hygienic storage, preparation and handling of food. Our course will help meet food safety requirements needed to help reduce risks of hazards and contaminations.
- Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health Level 2 – This level 2 qualification is for those who are relatively inexperienced in the subject and will develop their awareness of nutrition and health.
Our Nutrition and Hydration Training course is designed to meet the care needs of your end-users, and help you fully meet the related regulatory CQC compliance standards against which your service may be assessed. Our courses strictly follow the Skills for Care recommended guidelines and are mapped to the Key Lines of Enquiry (KLOE’s) and CQC Fundamental Standards.
The content of this training can be adapted to include your organisations core values, mission, and policies and procedures, and we can also include examples of documents that you use to make the training completely relevant to your organisation and the expectations that you have in place.