Our Dementia Awareness Training course offers face-to-face theory based awareness training for all care staff supporting individuals with dementia. Our course will provide all staff with an understanding of dementia, the impacts, and the support needs and requirements for individuals.
Complete Training Minimum Learning Outcomes:
Enable the worker to:
- Understand what is meant by the term dementia
- Be able to identify Causes, Signs, Symptoms & Stages of Dementia
- Be able to identify three different techniques that can be used to meet the fluctuating abilities and needs of an individual
- list 4 examples of person-centred ways of administering medicines
- Be able to identify the importance of effective communication and how communication can be adapted
- Be able to provide examples of activities that can be used to promote social interactions
- Be able to compare the experience of dementia for an individual who is older opposed to a younger person
- Be able to outline the medical and social models of dementia
- Be able to identify prevalence rates for four different types of dementia
Links to: CQC Key lines of enquiry (KLOEs) CQC fundamental standards:
- CQC KLOEs / Effective: E3 / Safeguarding: S1, S3
- CQC fundamental standards / Safety / Dignity and Respect
Suggested refresher frequency:
- Monitor performance.
- Assess knowledge and competence at least annually.
- Provide learning and development opportunities when identified or required and at least every 2 years.
This course will be delivered by an expert trainer in this field at a date and time of your choosing. The training is hosted at our own premises which can comfortably accommodate up to 12 individuals. All course materials will be provided and refreshments are included. This training can also be delivered at your own premises if feasible and required.
Certificates will be issued on completion of the course and you will also receive copies of completed evaluation forms for your records. We are flexible on start times to help accommodate for all your shift patterns, including evenings and weekends.
If face to face training is not feasible, we also offer a remote distance learning pack containing learning resources and workbook.
- Disability access building
- Ground flood training facilities (at request)
- Comfortable classroom lecture/study environment
- Toilet & Washrooms inc. disabled access
- Refreshments provision
Availability and Pricing
Theory & Activities:
- Time required: Half a day
- Accommodates: Up to 12 people
- Total Price: £200 +VAT
Our training is also available in distance learning pack format at £10 +VAT per person.
- End of Life Awareness Training – Our course offers face-to-face training for all staff who are supporting individuals with end of life care. Our course will help staff to be able to identify the aims and principles of end-of-life care, and be equipped and aware of the principles of advanced care planning.
- Specific Conditions – Our course offers face-to-face training for all front line workers to help understand the needs and experiences of individuals with specific conditions. Our course will help workers understand the importance of promoting positive health and well-being of individuals with specific conditions, as well as help support those individuals.
- Awareness of Dementia Level 2 – This Level 2 qualification is for those who wish to develop the knowledge of the causes and symptoms of dementia and will enable staff to develop an awareness for providing positive care for people with dementia and their families.
- Awareness of Dementia Level 3 – This Level 3 qualification is for those who wish to develop knowledge and understanding of dementia care and how to support people with dementia and their families. This qualification is aligned to the National Dementia Strategy.
- Certificate in Dementia Care Level 2 – This qualification is for those who work in a dementia care environment and aims to develop the knowledge and skills required when providing positive care for people with dementia and their families. This qualification is aligned to the National Dementia Strategy.
- Certificate in Dementia Care Level 3 – This level 3 certificate in Dementia Care is for those whose job role is working with people with dementia and aims to give workers the ability to develop their skills and demonstrate their competence in this area.