Our Epilepsy in Care Training course offers face-to-face theory and activity based training for all care staff supporting individuals with epilepsy. Our course will provide all workers with knowledge to understand what epilepsy is and help develop an awareness of rescue medication.
Complete Training Minimum Learning Outcomes:
Enable the worker to:
- Identify relevant legislation, guidelines and policies
- State four reasons why people have epilepsy
- Name five syndromes
- Describe two seizure types
- Provide examples of seizure classifications
- Identify Types, Causes & Triggers of Epilepsy
- Types of treatment that is available
- Identify two types of rescue medication
- What you should record when a person has a seizure covering before, during and after
- Maintaining dignity and respect
Links to: CQC Key lines of enquiry (KLOEs) CQC fundamental standards:
- CQC KLOEs / Effective: E3
- CQC fundamental standards / Safety
Suggested refresher frequency:
- Monitor performance.
- Assess knowledge and competence at least annually.
- Assess practical competency of administering rescue medication at least annually.
- Provide learning and development opportunities when identified or required and at least every 2 years.
This course will be delivered by an expert trainer in this field at a date and time of your choosing. The training is hosted at our own premises which can comfortably accommodate up to 12 individuals. All course materials will be provided and refreshments are included. This training can also be delivered at your own premises if feasible and required.
Certificates will be issued on completion of the course and you will also receive copies of completed evaluation forms for your records. We are flexible on start times to help accommodate for all your shift patterns, including evenings and weekends.
If face to face training is not feasible, we also offer a remote distance learning pack containing learning resources and workbook.
- Disability access building
- Ground flood training facilities (at request)
- Comfortable classroom lecture/study environment
- Toilet & Washrooms inc. disabled access
- Refreshments provision
Availability and Pricing
Theory & Activities:
- Time required: Half a day
- Accommodates: Up to 12 people
- Total Price: £200 +VAT
Our training is also available in distance learning pack format at £10 +VAT per person.