Our course offers face-to-face training for all staff who actively support individuals. Our course will help staff involved in actively supporting individuals to undertake meaningful activities to promote and encourage participation in everyday life.
Complete Training Minimum Learning Outcomes:
Enable the worker to:
- Be able to list the four essential components of active support
- From a range of everyday life opportunities be able to identify examples for active support
- Be able to provide examples of different methods of support in order for a person to participate
- Be able to provide a brief outline of meaningful activities supported with examples
- Be able to provide examples of barriers and challenges that may be faced and how these may be overcome
- Be able to understand how an activity and support plan works and how to record progress and personalised records
Links to: CQC key lines of enquiry (KLOEs) CQC fundamental standards:
- CQC KLOEs / Effective: E3 / Caring: C1, C2
- CQC Fundamentals / Safety / Dignity and Respect
Suggested refresher frequency:
- Monitor performance.
- Assess knowledge and competence at least annually.
- Provide learning and development opportunities when identified or required and at least every 2 years.
This course will be delivered by an expert trainer in this field at a date and time of your choosing. The training is hosted at our own premises which can comfortably accommodate up to 12 individuals. All course materials will be provided and refreshments are included. This training can also be delivered at your own premises if feasible and required.
Certificates will be issued on completion of the course and you will also receive copies of completed evaluation forms for your records. We are flexible on start times to help accommodate for all your shift patterns, including evenings and weekends.
If face to face training is not feasible, we also offer a remote distance learning pack containing learning resources and workbook.
- Disability access building
- Ground flood training facilities (at request)
- Comfortable classroom lecture/study environment
- Toilet & Washrooms inc. disabled access
- Refreshments provision
Theory & Activities:
- Time required: Half a day
- Accommodates: Up to 12 people
- Total Price: £200 +VAT
Our training is also available in distance learning pack format at £10 +VAT per person.
- Person-centred Care - Our course offers face-to-face training for all front line workers on the topics of person-centred care and dignity, and the importance of encouraging and respecting a persons views, choices and decisions. Our course will help prevent the risk of a person being treated in any way that is degrading or harmful.