Our Assisting and Moving People training for facilitators is a two-day course which offers face-to-face practical and theory-based training for all staff involved in a facilitator role. Also often referred to as ‘Moving and handling of people for facilitators’, and ‘moving and positioning for facilitators training’, this course will help facilitators support and guide their staff in performing moving and positioning activities in a safe and dignified manner.
Who should undertake this training?
All Facilitators. Skills for Care state “Training alone does not guarantee that a worker understands what was taught and the standards of care that must be delivered. Every employer has a responsibility to assess competence rather than merely assume that learning will be applied”. Effective workplace assessment supports safe good quality care, shows where training and development is required and gives evidence of its effectiveness for regulators.
Complete Training Minimum Learning Outcomes:
Enable the Facilitator to:
- Be aware of the laws and legislation in place
- Apply the principles of safer moving and handling, tailored to the needs of the service
- Learn a basic awareness of Anatomy and physiology
- Learn how to Prevent and managing falls
- Learn how to produce and follow moving and positioning risk assessments and care plans
- Choose and apply the correct equipment safely
- Identify condemned and dangerous moves
- Personally deliver assistance in moving and positioning people
- Complete a competency assessment
- Accurately produce records and provide constructive feedback
- Creation action plans for improvement.
N.B. when undertaking the Practical element of this course, delegates are observed completing a practical assessment in a classroom environment following on from demonstrations.
Links to: CQC key lines of enquiry (KLOEs) CQC fundamental standards:
- CQC KLOEs / Safe: S2, S3 / Effective: E1, E2
- CQC fundamental standards / Safety
Suggested refresher frequency:
Learning should be refreshed and knowledge and competence assessed at least every 2 years.
This course will be delivered by an expert trainer in this field at dates and times of your choosing. The training is hosted at our own premises which can comfortably accommodate up to 8 individuals in both our practical and training room. All course materials will be provided and refreshments are included. This training can also be delivered at your own premises if the required equipment is available, safe to use, with all certificates in place and with adequate space available for all attendees.
If face to face training is not feasible, we also offer a remote distance learning pack to cover the knowledge elements only, and this can be supported by a competency assessment being undertaken in the workplace during every day working practices.
Certificates will be issued on completion, and you will also receive copies of completed evaluation forms for your records. We are flexible on start times to help accommodate for all your shift patterns, including evenings and weekends.
A strict dress code is required to be followed to attend and participate in the Practical element of this course. These include no short skirts, no low cut tops, and full shoes must be worn. Anyone attending in inappropriate footwear will not be permitted to participate in the practical aspect. Thank you.
- Disability access building
- Ground flood training facilities (at request)
- Comfortable classroom lecture/study environment
- Toilet & Washrooms inc. disabled access
- Refreshments provision
- Designated Practical training room (ground floor)
- Profiling bed
- Slide Sheets
- Turning table
- Mobile Hoist
- Variety of slings
- Bed ladder system
Availability and Pricing
Theory & Practical:
- Time required: Two full days
- Accommodates: Up to 8 people
- Total Price: £750 +VAT
- Assisting and Moving People – Our Assisting and Moving People Training course offers face-to-face practical and theory based training for all care workers involved in assisting and moving people. Also often referred to as Moving and Positioning Training, this course will help staff prevent and minimise risk of injury, and protect the dignity of the individuals being assisted.
- Moving and Handling Objects – Our course offers face-to-face practical and theory based training for all front line workers involved in moving and handling objects. Our course will help workers move and handle equipment safely and prevent and minimise risk of injury.
- Certificate in Assisting and Moving People for a Social Care Setting Level 2 – The purpose of the qualification is to provide continuous professional development which contributes to employers’ responsibilities for the health and safety of their employees. It helps to meet legal requirements that employees are competent to perform their tasks.
We also provide training for Managers/Seniors, where all of our ‘front line workers’ material is covered, plus:
- Awareness of 9 different pieces of equipment
- Identify what a competency assessment is and why these are necessary
- Identify the process to follow if assisting and moving is not carried out correctly
- Identify the documentation in place for recording assessments
- Identify how competency assessments link to KLOE’s
- How to structure feedback and possible actions that can be taken