Our course offers face-to-face theory based awareness training for all staff on the topic of neurodiversity awareness. Our course will help staff be able to identify sensory differences and utilise tools to aid communication.
Complete Training Minimum Learning Outcomes:
Enable the worker to:
- Be able to name five different types of neurodiversity
- Be able to identify the impact of neurodiversity on everyday life
- Be able to record a range of reasonable adjustments that can be made to support the individual
- Be able to name two pieces of legislation that would protect people who have neurodiversity
- Be able to identify sensory differences and tools to aid communication
Links to: CQC key lines of enquiry (KLOEs) CQC fundamental standards:
- CQC KLOEs / Effective: E3 / Safeguarding: S1, S3 / Caring: C1, C3
- CQC Fundamentals / Safety / Dignity and Respect
Suggested refresher frequency:
- Monitor performance.
- Assess knowledge and competence at least annually.
- Provide learning and development opportunities when identified or required and at least every 2 years.
This course will be delivered by an expert trainer in this field at a date and time of your choosing. The training is hosted at our own premises which can comfortably accommodate up to 12 individuals. All course materials will be provided and refreshments are included. This training can also be delivered at your own premises if feasible and required.
Certificates will be issued on completion of the course and you will also receive copies of completed evaluation forms for your records. We are flexible on start times to help accommodate for all your shift patterns, including evenings and weekends.
If face to face training is not feasible, we also offer a remote distance learning pack containing learning resources and workbook.
- Disability access building
- Ground flood training facilities (at request)
- Comfortable classroom lecture/study environment
- Toilet & Washrooms inc. disabled access
- Refreshments provision
Theory & Activities:
- Time required: Half a day
- Accommodates: Up to 12 people
- Total Price: £200 +VAT
Our training is also available in distance learning pack format at £10 +VAT per person.
- Autism Awareness Training - Our course offers face-to-face theory based awareness training for all staff supporting individuals with autism. Our course is designed to aid staff who support individuals on the autistic spectrum and provides the necessary knowledge to adapt the support provided to meet the needs of the individual.
- Certificate in Understanding Autism Level 2 - This level 2 qualification is designed for staff who wish to develop an understanding of autism and how to support individuals with autism. This qualification aims to develop learners’ understanding of autism and the principles of supporting individuals with autism – covering the person-centred approach and influence of positive communication methods how to enable individuals to manage their own risks.