Our course offers face-to-face training for all front line workers to help understand the needs and experiences of individuals with specific conditions. Our course will help workers understand the importance of promoting positive health and well-being of individuals with specific conditions, as well as help support those individuals.
Skills for Care recommended Minimum learning Outcomes:
Will be dependent on the workers role and responsibilities and appropriate training should be provided to enable the worker to provide:
- Understand the needs and experiences of individuals with specific conditions.
- The importance of promoting positive health and well-being of individuals with specific conditions.
- The adjustments which may be necessary in care delivery relating to specific conditions.
- The legal frameworks, policy and guidelines relating to specific conditions.
- Support individuals with specific conditions.
Complete Training Minimum Learning Outcomes:
Specific conditions will be dependant on the nature of your service and can be covered with stand alone courses such as: Dementia awareness, Autism, Neurodiversity, mental health, learning disability awareness and Acquired Brain Injury.
As an overview we cover all the core outcomes in an introduction to specific conditions as well as:
Enable the worker to:
- Achieve all recommended minimum learning outcomes (listed above)
- Identifying a range of communication methods, aids and adaptations
- How to use proactive and reactive strategies
- Understanding routines and changes
- Differences with processing information
- Comparison of person centred and no person-centred approaches
- Recording and reporting
Links to: CQC key lines of enquiry (KLOEs) CQC fundamental standards:
- CQC KLOEs / Safe: S3 / Effective: E1, E2, E4 / Caring: C1, C3, C4 / Responsive: R1 / Well-led: W1, W2
- CQC fundamental standards / Staffing
Suggested refresher frequency:
- Monitor performance.
- Assess knowledge and competence at least annually.
- Provide learning and development opportunities when identified or required and at least every 3 years or when a new need is identified.
This course will be delivered by an expert trainer in this field at a date and time of your choosing. The training is hosted at our own premises which can comfortably accommodate up to 12 individuals. All course materials will be provided and refreshments are included. This training can also be delivered at your own premises if feasible and required.
Certificates will be issued on completion of the course and you will also receive copies of completed evaluation forms for your records. We are flexible on start times to help accommodate for all your shift patterns, including evenings and weekends.
If face to face training is not feasible, we also offer a remote distance learning pack containing learning resources and workbook.
- Disability access building
- Ground flood training facilities (at request)
- Comfortable classroom lecture/study environment
- Toilet & Washrooms inc. disabled access
- Refreshments provision
Theory & Activities:
- Time required: Half a day
- Accommodates: Up to 12 people
- Total Price: £200 +VAT
Our training is also available in distance learning pack format at £10 +VAT per person.
- Autism Awareness Training - Our course offers face-to-face theory based awareness training for all staff supporting individuals with autism. Our course is designed to aid staff who support individuals on the autistic spectrum and provides the necessary knowledge to adapt the support provided to meet the needs of the individual.
- Dementia Awareness Training - Our course offers face-to-face theory based awareness training for all staff supporting individuals with dementia. Our course will provide all staff with an understanding of dementia, the impacts, and the support needs and requirements for individuals.
- Awareness of Dementia Level 3 - This Level 3 qualification is for those who wish to develop knowledge and understanding of dementia care and how to support people with dementia and their families. This qualification is aligned to the National Dementia Strategy.
- Certificate in Mental Health Awareness Level 2 - This knowledge-only qualification is designed for staff who want to raise awareness of mental health and a range of mental health problems. This qualification is designed for anyone looking to develop their understanding of mental health and the problems that can cause mental ill health.
- Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities Level 2 - The purpose of this qualification is to help staff in a variety of roles, interact with people with learning disabilities.
- Certificate in Understanding Autism Level 2 - This level 2 qualification is designed for staff who wish to develop an understanding of autism and how to support individuals with autism. This qualification aims to develop learners’ understanding of autism and the principles of supporting individuals with autism – covering the person-centred approach and influence of positive communication methods how to enable individuals to manage their own risks.