Our Safeguarding Adults in Care Training course offers face-to-face training for all care workers on the topic of safeguarding adults. Our course will help workers know how to recognise and respond to types of abuse and help reduce the likelihood of abuse.
Skills for Care recommended Minimum learning Outcomes:
Will be dependent on the workers role and responsibilities and appropriate training should be provided to enable the worker to provide:
- Know how to recognise types of abuse.
- Know how to respond to suspected or alleged abuse.
- Understand the national and local context of safeguarding and protection from abuse.
- Understand ways to reduce the likelihood of abuse.
- Know how to recognise and report unsafe practices.
- Understand principles for online safety.
- Making the links between safeguarding and domestic violence.
Complete Training Minimum Learning Outcomes:
Enable the worker to:
- Achieve all recommended minimum learning outcomes (listed above)
- Identify the role of other agencies
- The role of the safeguarding lead and who to contact in the organisation
- An overview of the term’s extremism and Radicalisation
- Identify communication techniques and how this can be adapted to meet individual needs
- Know how to safeguard children
Links to: CQC Key lines of enquiry (KLOEs) CQC fundamental standards:
- CQC KLOEs / Safe: S1, S2, S3, S4, S5, S6
- CQC fundamental standards / Safeguarding from abuse
Suggested refresher frequency:
- Monitor performance.
- Assess knowledge and competence at least annually.
- Provide learning and development opportunities when identified or required and at least annually.
This course will be delivered by an expert trainer in this field at a date and time of your choosing. The training is hosted at our own premises which can comfortably accommodate up to 12 individuals. All course materials will be provided and refreshments are included. This training can also be delivered at your own premises if feasible and required.
Certificates will be issued on completion of the course and you will also receive copies of completed evaluation forms for your records. We are flexible on start times to help accommodate for all your shift patterns, including evenings and weekends.
If face to face training is not feasible, we also offer a remote distance learning pack containing learning resources and workbook.
- Disability access building
- Ground flood training facilities (at request)
- Comfortable classroom lecture/study environment
- Toilet & Washrooms inc. disabled access
- Refreshments provision
Availability and Pricing
Theory & Activities:
- Time required: Half a day
- Accommodates: Up to 12 people
- Total Price: £200 +VAT
Our training is also available in distance learning pack format at £10 +VAT per person.
- Mental Capacity and Liberty Safeguards – Our course offers face-to-face training on the topic of mental capacity and liberty safeguards. Our course is designed to help workers understand the meaning of mental capacity in relation to how care is provided.