Our course offers face-to-face training for all front line workers on the topic of positive behaviour support and non-restrictive practice. Our course will help workers identify and manage conflict and behaviour that challenges, learning a range of communication methods and techniques that can be used to support an individual.
Skills for Care recommended Minimum learning Outcomes:
Will be dependent on the workers role and responsibilities and appropriate training should be provided to enable the worker to provide:
- It is recommended that you reference the PBS Competency Framework for commissioning PBS training programmes.
Complete Training Minimum Learning Outcomes:
Enable the worker to:
- Identify policies and Procedures that are in place
- List company values
- Define quality of life
- Describe the difference between conflict and behaviour that challenges
- Provide two examples of reinforcement and two examples of punishment
- List the three stages of positive behaviour support
- Provide two examples of active support
- List three elements of secondary prevention
- Identify a range of communication methods and techniques that can be used to support an individual
- List communication barriers and how these can be overcome
Links to: CQC key lines of enquiry (KLOEs) CQC fundamental standards:
- CQC KLOEs / Safe: S1, S2, S3 / Effective: E2, E4 / Caring: C1, C2, C3 / Reflective: R1 / Well-led: W2, W3, W5
- CQC fundamental standards / Safeguarding from abuse
Suggested refresher frequency:
A positive and proactive workforce and Ensuring quality services for people with behaviours that challenge recommend learning is refreshed at least annually.
This course will be delivered by an expert trainer in this field at a date and time of your choosing. The training is hosted at our own premises which can comfortably accommodate up to 12 individuals. All course materials will be provided and refreshments are included. This training can also be delivered at your own premises if feasible and required.
Certificates will be issued on completion of the course and you will also receive copies of completed evaluation forms for your records. We are flexible on start times to help accommodate for all your shift patterns, including evenings and weekends.
If face to face training is not feasible, we also offer a remote distance learning pack containing learning resources and workbook.
- Disability access building
- Ground flood training facilities (at request)
- Comfortable classroom lecture/study environment
- Toilet & Washrooms inc. disabled access
- Refreshments provision
Theory & Activities:
- Time required: One full day
- Accommodates: Up to 12 people
- Total Price: £495 +VAT
Our training is also available in distance learning pack format at £10 +VAT per person.