Our Person-Centred Care Training course offers face-to-face training for all care workers on the topics of person-centred care and dignity, and the importance of encouraging and respecting a persons views, choices and decisions. Our course will help prevent the risk of a person being treated in any way that is degrading or harmful.
Skills for Care recommended Minimum learning Outcomes:
Will be dependent on the workers role and responsibilities and appropriate training should be provided to enable the worker to provide:
- Understand person centred approaches for care and support.
- Be able to work in a person-centred way.
- Establish consent when providing care and support.
- Encourage active participation.
- Be able to support the individual’s right to make choices.
- Be able to support individual’s well-being.
Complete Training Minimum Learning Outcomes:
Enable the worker to:
- Achieve all recommended minimum learning outcomes (listed above)
- Understand the principles that underpin dignity in care.
- Maintain the dignity, respect and privacy of the individual
- List ways that active Participation can be supported
- Be able to name the “six C’s”
- Identify 3 different person-centred thinking tools
- Identify the difference between the medical and Social Models of disability
Links to: CQC Key lines of enquiry (KLOEs) CQC fundamental standards:
- CQC KLOEs / Safe: S1, S2, S3 / Effective: E1, E2, E3, E4, E5, E6 / Responsive: R1, R3 / Well-led: W1, W3
- CQC fundamental standards / Person-centred care / Dignity and respect
Suggested refresher frequency:
- Monitor performance.
- Assess knowledge and competence at least annually.
- Provide learning and development opportunities when identified or required and at least every 3 years.
This course will be delivered by an expert trainer in this field at a date and time of your choosing. The training is hosted at our own premises which can comfortably accommodate up to 12 individuals. All course materials will be provided and refreshments are included. This training can also be delivered at your own premises if feasible and required.
Certificates will be issued on completion of the course and you will also receive copies of completed evaluation forms for your records. We are flexible on start times to help accommodate for all your shift patterns, including evenings and weekends.
If face to face training is not feasible, we also offer a remote distance learning pack containing learning resources and workbook.
- Disability access building
- Ground flood training facilities (at request)
- Comfortable classroom lecture/study environment
- Toilet & Washrooms inc. disabled access
- Refreshments provision
Availability and Pricing
Theory & Activities:
- Time required: Half a day
- Accommodates: Up to 12 people
- Total Price: £200 +VAT
Our training is also available in distance learning pack format at £10 +VAT per person.
- Active Support Training – Our course offers face-to-face training for all staff who actively support individuals. Our course will help staff involved in actively supporting individuals to undertake meaningful activities to promote and encourage participation in everyday life.
- Dignity Training Course – Our course offers face-to-face training for all front line workers on the topic of dignity and the importance of encouraging and respecting a persons views, choices and decisions. Our course will help prevent the risk of a person being treated in any way that is degrading or harmful.