Our course offers face-to-face practical and theory based training for all front line workers involved in moving and handling objects. Our course will help workers move and handle equipment safely and prevent and minimise risk of injury.
Skills for Care recommended Minimum learning Outcomes:
Will be dependent on the workers role and responsibilities and appropriate training should be provided to enable the worker to provide:
- Be able to move and handle equipment and other objects safely.
Complete Training Minimum Learning Outcomes:
Enable the worker to:
- Achieve all recommended minimum learning outcomes (listed above)
- Identify the differences between moving and handling of people and objects
- Techniques for moving and handling objects
- Relate to the Guidelines in place, covering HOP 6 and an overview of this
- Be able to state four terms for the causes of Back Pain and provide a brief description
- Be able to explain the falls Cycle
- Identify three medical conditions that can impact on moving and positioning
- List three different aids or pieces of Equipment
Links to: CQC key lines of enquiry (KLOEs) CQC fundamental standards:
- CQC KLOEs / Safe: S2, S3
- CQC fundamental standards / Safety
Suggested refresher frequency:
HSE research found that annual refresher training was generally considered good practice.
This course will be delivered by an expert trainer in this field at a date and time of your choosing. The training is hosted at our own premises which can comfortably accommodate up to 12 individuals. All course materials will be provided and refreshments are included. This training can also be delivered at your own premises if feasible and required.
Certificates will be issued on completion of the course and you will also receive copies of completed evaluation forms for your records. We are flexible on start times to help accommodate for all your shift patterns, including evenings and weekends.
- Disability access building
- Ground flood training facilities (at request)
- Comfortable classroom lecture/study environment
- Toilet & Washrooms inc. disabled access
- Refreshments provision
Theory & Practical:
- Time required: Half a day
- Accommodates: Up to 12 people
- Total Price: £200 +VAT
- Assisting and Moving People - Our course offers face-to-face practical and theory based training for all front line workers involved in assisting and moving people. Our course will help prevent and minimise risk of injury, and protect the dignity of the individuals being assisted.