Our course offers face-to-face training for all workers involved in the hygienic storage, preparation and handling of food. Our course will help meet food safety requirements needed to help reduce risks of hazards and contaminations.
Skills for Care recommended Minimum learning Outcomes:
Will be dependent on the workers role and responsibilities and appropriate training should be provided to enable the worker to provide:
- Understand the importance of food safety measures when providing food and drink for individuals.
- Be able to maintain hygiene when handling food and drink.
- Be able to meet safety requirements when preparing and serving food and drink for individuals.
- Be able to meet safety requirements when clearing away food and drink.
- Be able to store food and drink safely.
- Know how to access additional advice or support about food safety.
Complete Training Minimum Learning Outcomes:
Enable the worker to:
- Achieve all recommended minimum learning outcomes (listed above)
- Support prevention of cross-contamination
- Identify health and safety signs and symbols and understand their meaning
Links to: CQC key lines of enquiry (KLOEs) CQC fundamental standards:
- CQC KLOEs / Safe: S5, S6 / Effective: E1, E2, E3
- CQC fundamental standards / Premises and equipment / Safety
Suggested refresher frequency:
All workers involved in the handling, preparation or provision of food are required by law to have received appropriate training in how to handle food safely.
- Monitor performance
- Assess knowledge and competence at least annually.
- Provide learning and development opportunities when identified or required and at least every 3 years.
This course will be delivered by an expert trainer in this field at a date and time of your choosing. The training is hosted at our own premises which can comfortably accommodate up to 12 individuals. All course materials will be provided and refreshments are included. This training can also be delivered at your own premises if feasible and required.
Certificates will be issued on completion of the course and you will also receive copies of completed evaluation forms for your records. We are flexible on start times to help accommodate for all your shift patterns, including evenings and weekends.
If face to face training is not feasible, we also offer a remote distance learning pack containing learning resources and workbook.
- Disability access building
- Ground flood training facilities (at request)
- Comfortable classroom lecture/study environment
- Toilet & Washrooms inc. disabled access
- Refreshments provision
Theory & Activities:
- Time required: Half a day
- Accommodates: Up to 12 people
- Total Price: £200 +VAT
Our training is also available in distance learning pack format at £10 +VAT per person.
- Infection Prevention and Control - Our course offers face-to-face training on the topic of infection prevention and control in the workplace. Our course is designed to help workers understand their own – and others- roles and responsibilities in the prevention and control of infections.
- Nutrition and Hydration - Our course offers face-to-face training for all front line workers on the topic of nutrition and hydration. Our course will help front line workers support individuals to have access to fluids, food and nutrition in accordance with their plan of care.
- Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health Level 2 - This level 2 qualification is for those who are relatively inexperienced in the subject and will develop their awareness of nutrition and health.