**We do not currently provide this course as a standalone course available for booking. All of the Core learning outcomes are embedded into all of our courses. However, if you would like to discuss potential availability, please do get in touch**
Skills for Care recommended Minimum learning Outcomes:
Will be dependent on the workers role and responsibilities and appropriate training should be provided to enable the worker to provide:
- Understand why communication is important in the work setting.
- Be able to meet the communication and language needs, wishes and preferences of individuals.
- Be able to reduce barriers to communication.
- Be able to apply principles and practices relating to confidentiality at work.
Complete Training Minimum Learning Outcomes:
**We do not provide this course as a standalone course available for booking. All of the Core learning outcomes are embedded into all of our courses.**
Links to: CQC key lines of enquiry (KLOEs) CQC fundamental standards:
- CQC KLOEs / Safe: S2, S6 / Effective: E2, E5 / Caring: C1, C2, C3 / Responsive: R1, R2, R3
- CQC fundamental standards / Person centred care / Dignity and respect
Suggested refresher frequency:
- Monitor performance.
- Assess knowledge and competence at least annually.
- Provide learning and development opportunities when identified or required and at least every 3 years.
- Disability access building
- Ground flood training facilities (at request)
- Comfortable classroom lecture/study environment
- Toilet & Washrooms inc. disabled access
- Refreshments provision
Availability and Pricing
- Dementia Awareness – Our course offers face-to-face theory based awareness training for all staff supporting individuals with dementia. Our course will provide all staff with an understanding of dementia, the impacts, and the support needs and requirements for individuals.
- Person-centred Care – Our course offers face-to-face training for all front line workers on the topics of person-centred care and dignity, and the importance of encouraging and respecting a persons views, choices and decisions. Our course will help prevent the risk of a person being treated in any way that is degrading or harmful.
- Autism Awareness – Our course offers face-to-face theory based awareness training for all staff supporting individuals with autism. Our course is designed to aid staff who support individuals on the autistic spectrum and provides the necessary knowledge to adapt the support provided to meet the needs of the individual.
- Certificate in Understanding Autism Level 2 – This level 2 qualification is designed for staff who wish to develop an understanding of autism and how to support individuals with autism. This qualification aims to develop learners’ understanding of autism and the principles of supporting individuals with autism – covering the person-centred approach and influence of positive communication methods how to enable individuals to manage their own risks.
- Awareness of Dementia Level 2 – This Level 2 qualification is for those who wish to develop the knowledge of the causes and symptoms of dementia and will enable staff to develop an awareness for providing positive care for people with dementia and their families.